We have learned some information about the rededication of Gilman Hall which will take place Saturday evening starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Over 400 guests will attend, including members of the board of trustees, deans and vice-presidents from across the University, big donors, and all the faculty of the humanities departments.
- There will be dinner and a show! Eric Sundquist PhD '78, Professor in the Humanities, will deliver the keynote lecture titled "We Dreamed a Dream: Ralph Ellison, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Barack Obama."
- Other speakers at dinner include President Ron Daniels, Dean Kathy Newman of the School of Arts and Sciences, and Pamela Flaherty, chair of the board of trustees.
- Before dinner, guests will have the opportunity to attend three themed cocktail parties/lectures. A professor will offer a lecture and a cocktail that reflects the theme of the lecture. For example, Franklin Knight of the history department will give a lecture on Latin America. There will be a rum tasting to go along with it.
- Six faculty members will lead their own seminars. No cocktails unfortunately in these.