- What sort of backlash is Sgammato facing at the News-Letter? Will he resign from his position as managing editor?
- How responsible were Lily Newman and Sarah Tan for this article? Did they proof the page and article at all before it went to print?
- Did Omar Qureshi's close friendship with Sgammato influence his judgment in allowing the article to run? He is Sgammato's roommate (according to sources) and the treasurer of the debate team of which Sgammato is president.
- What will the University do? Bill Smedick, the faculty adviser, and Susan Boswell, Dean of Student Life, have been unusually silent on this issue.
- Will the News-Letter print the "apology" they posted online in the coming edition of the paper? Or will they write another "apology" with another explanation?
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Unanswered Questions About Sgammato's Op-Ed
The fall out from Greg Sgammato's opinion piece in Thursday's News-Letter continues. National blogs have picked up on the story, many criticizing the article's content. The campus is still talking about it. But there are still some issues left to be addressed.